Monday, July 30, 2007

Salt Lake City's mayoral race- who's your daddy?

As you'll find out about me, I watch a lot of movies. Love 'em and don't make any excuses for it. I love the line in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" where Angelina Jolie is giving Brad Pitt a run for his money and says, "who's your daddy now?" I also saw this star wars poster that I have to have that has Darth Vadar menacingly reaching out with the quote, "who's your daddy"?



Well, I just can't get this mayoral race out of my mind lately. It's all I can think about (sad, huh?). It is coming down to the question, "who's your daddy"? Or, as the most recent polls by Dan Jones indicate, it may turn out to be, "who's your mommy"? This position is so vital to our community. When you look back at the last 8 years of the reign of Rocky you can see how important of a decision the SLC voters have come Sept 11th. I have definitely locked into who I know will be the best mayor for SLC. Several months ago I went through the long list of candidates and did my research on all of them and tried to meet each of them and/or see them in a public debate forum. Once I got to know them, it became clear to me that Keith Christensen (http://www.keithformayor.com/) was head and shoulders above the rest. This isn't saying that the other candidates are poor choices...Keith is just the better one.



Over the next while I am most likely going to address why I am backing Keith since I can't do it all on one posting, but I would love to have some comments from people who either agree, or especially from ones who disagree and why. I have heard that there are also many "undecideds" out there and would love to bend your "e-ars" for a moment or two as to why Keith makes the most sense for SLC. I am still way new to blogging and my blogs will most likely go unnoticed so I better learn some ways to "market" my blog if I am to get comments going on it.

3 comments:

Ramsey said...

I vote LOGS FOR PRESIDENT!

Unknown said...

I disagree. Keith was against gay rights before he was for them. He was a conservative Republican before he conveniently left the party. Plus, Rocky likes him.

I just don't trust that he has any principals or vision for what he wants to do as mayor.

loggins said...

To oldenburg...
When I have talked with Keith it seemed to me it was not really an issue of gay rights, but rather human rights. And yes...he was a registered republican but if you ever had the chance to talk to him before his "departure" from the party he was really more of an independent prior to that. Aligning himself more as an independent actually was truer to his principals. If he were to not care about his principles he would have just gone all the way and chosen to be a democrat, because I don't think he's a true dem or rep.

You got me on the Rocky thing though. That is the main reason I passed him over the first time. Maybe I'll blog about this a bit.